We are committed to your privacy
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website. Any and all information collected at this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed. Any information you give to the Maryland Bankers Association will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. A more detailed explanation about how we safeguard your personal information is described below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.
First and foremost, this website is a permission-based website. This means we will not knowingly do anything with your information without your explicit permission. In particular:
- We will tell you when we are collecting information about you. There is nothing secret or hidden that is going on without your knowledge.
- We will tell you exactly how we plan to use any information we collect. For example, we may ask you for your e-mail address in order to access certain parts of the site. If you are uncomfortable with this, you may simply exit the page.
- We will not e-mail anything to you that you have not agreed to receive. In addition, every mass broadcast e-mail message includes an "opt-out" mechanism so that you may remove your e-mail address from our database. All you have to do is send us an email and asked to be removed.
- We will never sell information gathered at our web site to third parties.
- We will protect your information from theft. All of our key member information is not stored at the same location as our web server.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Resale or disclosure of information to third parties:
The Maryland Bankers Association does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site, including membership forms or email lists.
Browser information collected on the website:
The Maryland Bankers Association analyzes our website logs to constantly improve the value of the materials available on website. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that actually browse the site.
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us directly.
Information in this privacy statement acquired from Online Privacy Alliance.