Maryland Banking School
The Maryland Banking School offers perspectives on forces that shape the financial services industry. Through an emphasis on developing leadership, managerial and technical skills, and creating a resource network, students enhance their individual and corporate performance to thrive in the evolving financial services marketplace.
The 41st session of the Maryland Banking School is being held August 1-5, 2016 at The University of Maryland Inn & Conference Center in College Park, Maryland.
The curriculum features courses centered around the following five knowledge bases:
- Technology and Bank Operations
- Leadership and Management
- Economics and Bank Financial Management
- Sales and Marketing
Our esteemed faculty is one of our greatest assets. Instructors include:
- Four faculty members from the Stonier Graduate School of Banking;
- A Federal Reserve Bank economist;
- Leading bank consultants specializing in profitability and performance;
- Several prestigious university faculty; and
- Veteran bankers
The Ideal Candidate
Most banking school students have been identified as future leaders within their institutions. The ideal Maryland Banking School candidates are bankers:
- In middle-management looking to advance their banking career;
- Looking for formal banking education; and/or
- Looking to broaden their scope of expertise
The typical student body is made up of branch managers, commercial lenders, operations personnel, compliance officers, tellers, security officers, and bank directors. It is also a great way for service providers who offer bank products to learn more about the banking industry.
Registration materials will be available soon. Please contact MBA's Pat Holle at 443-837-1607 for additional information.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Maryland Banking School. Please contact MBA's Pat Holle at 443-837-1607 for additional information.