We are about 18 months into the TRID rule implementation. How are things going for you? You've probably run into many of the same issues many of your peers are, and you likely have many of the same questions. Hopefully it comforts you to know you're not alone!
This webinar is intended to review and discuss many of the major issues lenders are facing with TRID (TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure), including as-yet unresolved questions and how to deal with them. As well, there are many pain points in both the new loan process and disclosures that we’ll review in order to formulate some best practices. We’ll talk specifics about the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure, as well as some of the frequent violations discovered so far.
- Concerns and issues related to the timing and delivery of the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure - ensuring compliance and fixing processes
- Issues around the content of the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure - specific line items and questions
- Variations/tolerance issues - what is the baseline? How and when should we remediate
- Documenting changed circumstances - perhaps the most important thing you can do
- Changes before closing - is a new waiting period required?
- Pre-disclosure requirements
- Nailing down the application process, including pre-quals and preapprovals (is there a such thing anymore?)
- Keeping straight the business day differences and the mailing rule
- When to rely on automation vs. when not to
- Proving your good faith efforts to comply
- And much more
Anyone in the institution having responsibilities in the consumer mortgage environment, including loan officers, processors, clerks, closing agents, and so forth. Also compliance officers and counsel will benefit from the information provided in this webinar.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
MBA Member Price: $265
On-Demand Price: $295
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring audio, PowerPoint and other interactive features. The program may be viewed on most devices. No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each Live Webinar registration provides one connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection.
An On-Demand Webinar is a webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login. With an On-Demand Webinar, you have 6 months unlimited access to the program from the date of purchase (access to the live webinar is not included).